Why a blog for Birth Arts International (BAI)?
For many years people have asked so many questions about birth, my life, my family, how I raised my children, so I thought it was about time for me to start answering them and to start participating more with potential students and parents in another avenue.
So I am going to share some things about who I am as a person.
1. I love my family, more than anything, full stop. My sons are my greatest love in my life. I loved my husband at first sight. We met and became a couple when I was 15 years old.
2. I am still married, in love with my husband and we have been married for over 20 years.
3. Okay, something that is not always obvious, I love home décor. I have been told I have an incredible eye for offbeat classic. I also love a bargain. I often get things for less that 1/2 price off. I enjoy the hunt, I love bargain hunting, antiquing, and collecting artworks that I love. Maybe if I ever get brave enough I will post pictures. We are redoing a dutch colonial I found as a foreclosure in NC.
4. I love to travel. I have been to over 20 countries. I find people love sharing their culture as much as I like sharing mine.
5. I can read a 1200 page book in a day.
6. I can’t remember the last time I took a day off. I can’t remember the last time I didn’t even answer and email.
7. I unschool my two teens. Well not technically anymore I guess. My 16 year old is in college now, so my younger son is still unschooled. No matter what anyone said I believed in my children, I believed in my instinct. I trusted my sons. My sons are smart kids, but they know how to explore and find answers. They are people smart, confident, and we communicate with each other. I am so lucky to have these amazing kids.
8. I attended my first birth at 15 years old.
9. I breastfeed 2 boys for 6.5 years. My eldest for 2 years and my youngest for 4.5. I still believe this primal bond keeps us connected. We also co-slept and family bedded.
10. I love a good mystery. I can read and re-read Sherlock Holmes. I read all types of mysteries, forensic based ones, ones where the detectives are cats, quilters, bakers, etc.. As long as it hooks me, I am in.
Okay, so for me this was a major share:)