The following are VBAC links for parents and student doulas, cbe and other birth workers.
A VBAC is Vaginal birth after caesarean (VBAC). This is the option of birthing a baby vaginally after a previous baby has been delivered through caesarean section. If you wish to have a vaginal delivery after having had a cesarean, you should be encouraged by knowing that 90% of women who have undergone cesarean deliveries are candidates for a successful VBAC.
In many recent published studies, 60-80%–roughly 3 to 4 out of 5–women who have previously experienced a cesarean birth can give birth vaginally, with success. Take a look at the links and information provided to assist you in researching your options.
Listen to a session on VBAC with Demetria Clark
Here are some excellent resources for VBAC parents.
- International Cesarean Awareness Network
- Birthrites: Healing After Caesarean Inc.
- Midwifery Care of Women Planning a Vaginal Birth after Cesarean
- VBAC Clinical Recommendation
- Vaginal Birth After Previous Cesarean Delivery
- VBAC UK
- VBAC Facts