Host a Workshop
Here are some of the components to hosting a class
Birth Arts can only offer workshops with help from women like you. You help us bring our unique doula support training program to women all over the world. We will come to you.
Each trainer has specific guidelines for hosting, but the following is a brief sketch of what may be required.
- To answer local inquiries and send out publicity brochures and applications, etc. For issues of scholarship and tuition have the student to contact the school.
- To secure a suitable location for the workshop space that is:
- Large enough for approximately 10-15 people (usually 500 to 600 square feet minimum) A large living room or tent in the yard is fine too.
- As close as possible to restaurants, amenities, hotels.
- Suitable for video showing (TV, VCR, DVD outlet availability, window shades, etc.)
- A non-smoking environment.
- Provide a list of lodging options near the workshop site for out-of-towners
- To rent or borrow (if the host institution does not provide these with the room):
- a DVD player and television
- Large Writing Surface
- Meals and refreshments:
- Set up and maintain light refreshments and snacks, if not provided by host institution.
- Provide a list of restaurants for lunch times.
- If workshop is in a rural or retreat location, to arrange for catered meals, potluck or organize other meal time options for participants and instructor.
Email Demetria@birtharts.com to be connected with your region's class coordinator.